Description of Product
GEN-X is the newest electronic Flight Bag from DAC International
The GEN-X was built from the ground up. the hardware component is designed to be a Parts Manufactured Approved (PMA) system with full multi-functional capabilities that allows for connectivity, control and synchronization for all onboard computing requirements to include EFB functionality as well as third party Windows software applications. The system consists of a separate processor and an optional 10.4" display. The unit is also ruggedized for helicopter operation.
- Dual Core Processor
- 4 Gigabyte RAM
- 3 External Serial Ports
- 4 External USB (including the two Display ports)
- 4 in and 2 out Arinc 429 High or Low speed
- 80 gig minimum Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 1 GbE Ethernet Port
- LVDS ad VGA output, XGA resolution
- 28 Volt DC input, Aircraft Power
- NiMH Battery backup, avoids FAA Lithium concerns
- Tested to DO-16oF standards including helicopter levels
- PMA Product*
- No cable limitations
Electronic Checklists- Gen-X will support Customizable Electronic Checklists that may include emergency operations, standard procedures, etc. in any file format supported by the operating system.
Centered Maps- The Gen-X utilizes the necessary hardware interfaces, ARINC inputs, serial inputs, etc., to support centered maps using GPS or other FMS navigational data inputs.
Electronic documentation- easy access to electronic documentation saves the hassle of finding the proper documents in the flight manuals.
Performance Applications- Various performance applications can be utilized and parameter saved for later use by the ground operations staff.
Weather displays- The high resolution of the Gen-X provides excellent detail of the weather information provided by the supported weather systems.
Video- Using the desired hardware interface, video input can be provided NTSC, PAL or RS170 formats allowing for use of cabin cameras, etc.
Maintenance and Technical Logs-technical reports, pilot logs, surveys, and so on can be saved and downloaded for future actions by ground operation or maintenance crews using supported software programs.
Special Applications- The multi--function capabilities of the Ge-x allow for a multitude of special program operations.
Connectivity Options- With the proper software and hardware options the Gen-X can support a wide variety of connectivity using the provided interfaces.
Gen-X Specification Highlights
One sizes, one color
Length (in.) Width(in.) Depth(in.)
10.04 7.32 1.25
- Color non-reflective black
- Weight: <6lbs, 2.27 Kg
- Display area = 10.4 diagonal
- Pixel density = 1024x768
- Luminosity: >1000 Nits dimmable to <1 Nit
- Power requirements: Developed and supplied by RPU (12 VDC Nominal)
10.4" with Resistive touch interface
- High-Bright Sunlight Readable display
- Operates in Landscape or Portrait mode
- Dual USB front panel connectors
- Size comparable to current 8" display
- On/Off to RPU
- Bright/Dim buttons
- Dimmable to dark
- Pigtail for ease of mounting and cable routing
- PMA Product*